Saturday, 18 March 2017

The Beauty of Morocco




July 2016: Morocco Vacation

Landed in Casablanca, Morocco. First sight I went to see was the Hassan II Mosque. It was breathtaking, just like the rest of the trip. 
Hassan II Mosque

For the next two and half weeks, I went city-hopping in Morocco and got a taste of the unique culture and food:

Climbed Mount Riff and explored the Blue City in Chefchaouen
The Blue City
Camped and rode camels in the Merzouga Dunes
Sahara Desert

Joined a Morocco Atlas Mountain tour and and stayed in a Gite at the top of the mountain while donkey carried out belongings.
High Atlas

Views from High Atlas

Explored ancient palaces and the Road of 1000 Kasbahs

Road of 1000 Kasbahs
Flied in a hot air balloon in Marrakesh
Got to enjoy tagine every day in every city!

Tagine
There you have it!

On a side note—funny story, no one in Morocco would believe that my friend and I were Muslim. The fact that we were Muslims who could not speak Arabic was very surprising to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment